The RénoRégion program provides financial assistance to low or modest-income owner-occupants in rural areas for work to correct major defects in their home.
The Société d’habitation du Québec (SHQ) covers the costs of the RénoRégion Program. The SHQ administers the program and delegates application at the local level to regional county municipalities (RCM) and specified municipalities.
The program is intented for owner-occupants of housing unit with one or more major defects that is located in an eligible area.
- The owner-occupant’s annual household income must not exceed the maximum allowable level, which varies depending on the household size:
- Couple or 1 person $28,500 - $38,500
- 2-3 persons $34,000 - $44,000
- 4-5 persons $39,000 - $49,000
- The housing unit must be occupied as a primary residence by the owner who is applying for financial assistance. In addition:
- The building may have no more than two housing units, including the owner-occupant’s unit;
- The residential portion of a mixed-use building (e.g. store on the ground floor and housing unit above) is eligible if it meets the other programs conditions.
- The value of the residence, excluding the value of the land, may not exceed the maximum level set by the municipality or RMC, and this value may not exceed $115,000.
- Owners are ineligible for the program if they have received assistance under the RénoVillage or Quebec Affordable Housing-Nord-du-Québec component programs in the 10 years prior to their application, or under the Emergency program within the past five years.
The housing must need work with a value of at least $2,000 to correct one or more major defects involving one of the following components:
- Exterior walls
- Thermal Insulation
The work must be performed by a contractor with the appropriate licence from the Régie du bâtiment du Québec (RBQ), must start after the municipality or RCM grants approval and must be completed within six months of the approval date.
Click here for the application form
Note: This funding opportunity is limited and will be allocated based on a first come, first served basis.