CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
NEW GOVERNMENT MEASURES
For an updated list of all Quebec government instructions and directives, please visit:
Travel from one region to another
The travel checkpoints in the Outaouais region have been removed and it is now possible to travel from one region to another, including between Gatineau and Ottawa.
Wear a face covering in public settings
Since July 18, 2020, wearing a mask or face covering that covers the nose and mouth is mandatory in enclosed or partially enclosed public places for people age 12 and over. Wearing a mask or face covering that covers the nose and mouth is mandatory on public transit for people age 12 and over.
- Watch the video 'How to use a face covering or mask'
- Learn how to make a face covering
- Learn more about wearing a face covering or mask in public at Quebec.ca
For citizens returning from travelling
Anyone returning from a stay outside Canada must self-isolate for 14 days. Such isolation covers both travellers who are sick or display symptoms and those who do not have symptoms and are in perfect health. Such individuals must not at any time go outside, even for a walk.
Gatherings and events
- Private gatherings in homes - gatherings must be limited to no more than 10 people and be held outside whenever possible.
- Public gatherings - Since August 3, 2020, the maximum number of people allowed in some indoor public places is 250. This measure applies to performance venues, theatres, movie theatres, audiences attending a production, amateur sports events and training, places of worship, courtrooms and rented rooms, including community rooms. For outdoor public gatherings, the maximum number of people allowed in certain outdoor public places is also 250.
Visit Canada.ca for additional information about new government measures in place:
Note – The information on this website will be updated daily during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please return to this page regularly for more information. If you would like to share a resource, please send us an email at email@example.com.